In 2000, Mr. Goldman opened his own Boutique law firm with an office in the Bronx. He has diversified his practice to include the following additional areas of practice:
- The defense of federal criminal cases
- The prosecution of false arrest, police brutality & correctional officer brutality cases in both federal and state courts
- The representation of victims of professional misconduct by doctors
From the end of '97 until early 2000, Mr. Goldman worked at the Bronx Defenders, one of the premier public defender organizations in the country. In a little over two years, he conducted thirteen serious felony trials to verdict. Of those thirteen trials, eleven resulted in acquittals. He also engaged in extensive grand jury practice, negotiated numerous pleas, conducted suppression hearings and taught trial practice to less experienced attorneys. It was at Bronx Defenders that he refined his litigation and trial skills and became the lawyer that he is today.
From 1988 – 1997, Mr. Goldman worked as a Staff Attorney at the Brooklyn office of The Legal Aid Society. During his tenure at Legal Aid, he represented thousands of people charged with everything from jumping a turnstile to murder and everything in between. His practice included trials, suppression hearings, arraignments, mental health adjudications, and plea negotiations—literally every aspect of criminal defense. He also trained new lawyers and law students in trial practice. It was during his time at the Legal Aid Society that Mr. Goldman learned what it meant to be a good criminal defense attorney.
From 1985–1987, Mr. Goldman worked at the Defender Association of Philadelphia, where he represented indigent criminal defendants in arraignments and bench warrant hearings. The thousands of arraignments he did during this time helped him develop a skill for bail arguments that serves his clients well to the present day.
- 1986, Pennsylvania
- 1989, New York
- 2000, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- 2000, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Law School Attended
- Rutgers Law School, Class of 1985, J.D.
- Michigan State University, Class of 1982, B.A., Political Philosophy
- New York Law Journal | It's Time To End the War on Drugs
- New York Law Journal I A Novel Approach to the Problem of Gun Violence.
Whether you are accused of a crime, are the victim of false arrest or police brutality, or suffered due to misconduct by a medical professional, you can be confident that The Law Offices of Goldman & Associates will provide you with a level of legal representation that is second to none. Contact our firm today!
190 East 161st Street
Bronx, New York 10451PhoneFax