QUESTIONS TO ASK
If you have any reason to think that you might be arrested, there are questions to which you will want answers:
- Should you speak with the police? If you do, can you believe what they tell you?
- Is there any way to avoid being arrested?
- If you are arrested, will you need to pay bail before being released?
- Is there a real possibility of jail time?
- Will a conviction affect a professional license, driver's license, liquor license or other license?
- Will a conviction affect your ability to work?
- Will a conviction have consequences for your immigration status?
It is vital that you know the answers to these and other questions. The answers may affect the outcome of your case. More importantly, the outcome of the case may affect your life.