Accused of Shoplifting in New York city?
New York City Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help
Theft crimes are taken seriously in New York. In fact, shoplifting is considered larceny under the law. Larceny is charged when someone takes, obtains, or withholds the property of another person with the intent to deprive them of that property. With fines, jail time, and the additional punishment of being charged in civil court on the line, you need our New York City theft crime attorneys who will defend your future!
Contact us today - free consultation.
When your future is at stake, The Law Offices of Goldman & Associates is here to provide you with seasoned legal representation that you can count on. While shoplifting may not seem like a serious crime, the consequences can stay with you for the rest of your life. You cannot trust just anyone with your future!
When you retain the services of The Law Offices of Goldman & Associates, you receive:
- A free initial consultation to review your case
- Over 30 years of experience in federal and state court
- The care and respect you deserve
- Availability 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
When you put your shoplifting case in our firm's hands, you can be confident knowing you are getting the zealous representation needed to combat these charges.
What am I facing if convicted of shoplifting?
The most significant consideration the court will review when determining the sentencing for shoplifting is the total value of the property that was taken.
Criminal penalties for shoplifting can include:
- Less than $1,000: 1 year imprisonment and a $1,000 fine
- $1,000- $3,000: 4 years' imprisonment and a fine of $5,000 or double the shoplifted amount
- $3,000- $50,000: 7 years' imprisonment and a fine of $5,000 or double the taken amount
- $50,000- $1 million: 15 years' imprisonment and a fine of $5,000 or double the stolen amount
- Greater than $1 million: 25 years' imprisonment and a $5,000 fine or double the taken value
In addition to this sentencing, the accused can find themselves being sued by the merchants of the store that property was taken from. They can legally sue for $1,500 if the product is not recovered or re-sellable.
Call Our Firm Today & Begin Your Defense
You need to retain the legal services of a legal advocate that knows the ins and outs of New York law. With over three decades of experience handling cases just like yours, our firm is prepared to help. A shoplifting charge does not need to have a profound impact on your future; with our firm on your side, you can get your charges reduced, dismissed, or even dropped. Don't settle for second rate representation!
Need to defend your future and protect your rights? Schedule a free consultation today.